Better BibTeX not compatible with Zotero 7?

This discussion was created from comments split from: Now available: Zotero 7.
  • Better bibtex doesn't seem to be compatible with the new version. What's a good way to revert back to the previous release on a Debian system?

I used this wrapper for debian
    https://github.com/retorquere/zotero-deb

but I don't also know how to revert to an old version.
  • @k.durdevic: Better BibTeX is compatible with Zotero 7. Not sure why you think it isn't.
  • @dstillman That's true, my bad.

I still can't see the bibtex key in the info panel (I had it set on top before), which was part of my workflow, anyone know if it's visible from within the UI?
  • edited August 9, 2024
    @k.durdevic: The key is currently shown in a separate section in the item pane. We'll be making it possible for plugins to add custom rows in the Info section in the near future.
  • @dstillman: Thank you! the citation key is visible in the item pane. It doesn't look like it can be copied to clipboard quickly (right click/better bibtex/change citation key works for now), this would be great to have in the future.
  • A copy-key option will drop in a test build shortly here. You can also double-click the key in the item pane section and Cmd-C (which I think is a lot faster, but diffrnt strokes).