Group libraries not appearing in left pane

I created a new group and can see it listed when I log into my Zotero account. However, it does not appear in the left pane. I have tried manually syncing - no effect. I found a posting which describes the same problem, in which it was recommended that all themes and plugins be disabled - no effect.

Please suggest a solution to this problem.
  • Dan,

Thank you. This is not the issue. Sync'ing is working just fine. There are no errors, and changes to My Library are being properly sync'ed.
  • edited March 12, 2010
    If you perform a Full Sync from the Sync->Reset pane of the Zotero prefs, does it appear?
  • Dan,

Good suggestion - thank you. When I tried this, an error resulted. I let the system file a report the the Zotero developers. Is there any value in my posting the error message here?
  • If you want anyone to read it, then you need to post the Report ID.
  • Report ID: 460571796 - dumb question: how does this help?
  • How does what help?

1) Upgrade to the latest version of Zotero.

2) What is the error report for, exactly? The only Zotero messages in there are for automatic syncs that resulted in conflicts that require manual syncs—which aren't actually error messages and don't display during Full Syncs.

Restart Firefox, click the sync icon, and see if you get an error. If you do, provide the Report ID.
  • Report ID: 460571796 - dumb question: how does this help?
    Error reports are useful only when the developers know the context in which the error occurred and can discuss the issue and troubleshooting with the user. Unless you post the report ID here, Dan and others don't know which of the many submitted error reports is yours.

They also can't follow up on error reports that are not linked to here, since they don't know what circumstances triggered the error, nor do they know how to reach the affected users with solutions.

Finally, the error and debug reporting systems exist to make it easy for users to provide troubleshooting data to the Zotero team without having to expose potentially private information on the public forums.
  • The new version of Zotero, which was released (from my perspective anyway) minutes ago has resolved the problem. Thank you all for your assistance.
  • I may have spoken too soon. The sync arrow keeps spinning, but the size of my library is fairly small - the sqlite file is less than 2 MB. Seems odd. Using a packet sniffer, I am not seeing the network activity.

With the update, the group library I created from the web-site appeared in my Zotero window. I was able to copy entries to it and reference those in a document. But, when I look on-line, it says 'There are no items in this library.'

Very puzzling.
  • Once again: http://www.zotero.org/support/kb/changes_not_syncing

If it's still syncing (which includes being queued on the server), the items won't show up. Wait for the sync to finish. That's all there is to it.
  • And there's no need for a packet sniffer. Hover over the sync icon to see the progress. Right now, for you, it probably says "Upload accepted — waiting for sync server".