Area annotations doesn't sync

This is how the area annotations appear in my notes in a synced device. In the original device in which I made the annotation I do not have such a problem.

I do not use the file attachment syncing option. I sync my files externally using a cloud provider. Is it because of that?
Please see the attachement. In the side bar you can see that the images do not appear.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/zotero.org/images/forums/u4832430/huo18x2idowwsb1aw2cr.png
  • edited July 30, 2024
    Yes, embedded images in notes are stored-file attachments, so they only sync via Zotero file syncing.
  • edited August 1, 2024
    Thank you. I have been wanting to switch to stored-file attachment for a long time but was scared because of several reasons. One being lack of something like smart folders for Windows or Mac on Linux since that is my primary OS.
    Now I see that there something called TMSU that can at least partly solve that issue.

Currently I was trying to switch to stored file attachments.
    I selected all the items in a zotero collection and used the tools-> convert linked files to stored items option. However it didn't show any status window. After while I could see that some of my files were not converting and I am also not seeing any error messages.

Now I have a broken setup with some files in attachments and some as linked files. What can I do?

I am using Zotero 7 beta on Linux
  • Convert Linked Files to Stored Files should work as long as the files exist where they're supposed to on the current computer.

If it's not working for a given file, provide a Debug ID for running it on that file and having it not work.
  • Thanks for letting me know about Debug ID. Seems like the issue was what you suggested itself - missing file issue. Its working now.