when will zotero work with word online/onedrive/sharepoint

We are continuing to have such substantial problems with references becoming messed up when we use word documents saved in onedrive or sharepoint (which is how we've all been directed at our university in the last 2-3 years) that we have given up trying to cite while we write and are now laboriously creating a citation for each reference, pasting it into a comment, resolving the comment so it is not distracting in the document, and waiting to the last minute to download the document to a hard drive, insert all the references, and saving and submitting from there to be sure that the document references don't get corrupted and create a ton of work.

Is there any workaround at this point or is there one likely in the near future so we can return to citing while we write?
  • This is a common setup and apart from the known issue with spaces in filenames just works. You'd have to report specific issues for anyone to say more.
  • Is this an issue you run into when working on Word through OneDrive alone? I'm mostly curious because I eventually plan to work collaboratively through Word through OneDrive as well.

Another solution is working through google docs (which I know, for academia never works). What I do is write up everything in google docs, then save it as a Word document just to add figures/tables, then submit to whoever needs to submit.

If anyone makes comments/makes changes, you can always ACCEPT ALL then convert back into google docs and then do a compare google docs. That way you could work from google docs.

It is a major issue, and I know that Word Online is a common request people make in the forum.

To that end, I'm assuming no updates/progress on this yet? @adamsmith