Debug-ID: D1195666743 - Alleged database corruption when trying to sync new files

Getting a database corrupted message.

Last database backup was yesterday eveneing and I have added 262 files since then.

So I'm unsure what repairing the database using yesterday's backup would mean.
Would I lose all of the files after that database backup? or would they synch to zotero again after the repair? Or wourl I have to manually re-add them again?
  • edited July 24, 2024
    If you were syncing, you can just swap in the backup and sync. It will pull down the latest data since that backup. You can see the available data in your online library.

(It's also possible that your backups were already corrupted, so after restoring you should check from the Advanced → Files and Folders section of the Zotero settings.)

Note that it was almost certainly storing your database on an external disk that caused this corruption. You can do that, but you're much more likely to corrupt your database that way — e.g., by unmounting the disk with Zotero open.
  • Thanks, I figured it may have to do with that. It's a manageable risk then, as I am always synching with zotero storage.

I will give it a shot with the database backup.
  • Just an update.

Loading the database backup and then synching from the online library seems to have worked just fine.

So as long as synching works, I'm good with that.