Issue with ‎“My Publications” in Zotero 7

“My Publications” on the left bar display items that are not mine, and I have been unable to ‎‎‎remove them.‎
  • You're saying these are other items in your library that are showing there by mistake? How many? Is it possible you dragged them there?

And what do you mean when you say you can't remove them?
  • Yes, these are items in my library, but for some reason have been assigned to me.
    I tries to drag them out of the list, both online and from my desktop, but with limited success.
    Take a look at the screenshot here.
    https://s3.amazonaws.com/zotero.org/images/forums/u36234/aq24qzfbeya9cf0igx1u.jpg
  • You remove items from My Publications by deleting them from there, like any other collection.

But I'm not sure why you'd have items in gray there. Are those all the ones that aren't you?

Do you see this in Troubleshooting Mode (Help → "Restart in Troubleshooting Mode…”), which temporarily disables all plugins?
  • edited July 22, 2024
    You remove items from My Publications by deleting them from there, like any other collection.
    ==> I don't want to delete them from my library altogether. I used right-click/Remove Item from My Publications (see screenshot). Not working.

But I'm not sure why you'd have items in gray there. Are those all the ones that aren't you?
    ==> Yes.

Do you see this in Troubleshooting Mode (Help → "Restart in Troubleshooting Mode…”), which temporarily disables all plugins?
    ==> Tried that. Not working.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/zotero.org/images/forums/u36234/ob8meta518n2w6ogumd1.jpg
  • I don't want to delete them from my library altogether.
    To be clear, I just meant pressing the Delete/Backspace key. That removes from there, just like it removes items from a collection. It doesn't delete from the library.

But it looks like something else is going on here. We'll investigate.
  • edited July 31, 2024
    Just to confirm there is something wrong with "my publications" in Zotero 7. In my zotero, under "my publications" it only lists publications until 2019. All newer publications are not listed. I just removed the author name from one of the newer ones and made sure to re-insert it from the auto-complete to make sure it matches the previous name and the item does not appear under my publications. Opening and closing zotero does not help. I have multiple publications since 2019, of all kinds of item types, so it seems unlikely to be an issue with an individual item type, some have attachments and some do not. Also, sometimes I am first or single author and sometimes not. It does not make a difference. In entries before 2019 these are all correctly listed under "my publications", whether as first or single author, editor etc.
  • @migugg: My Publications isn't automatically populated, and it has nothing to do with the author metadata. You have to actually drag items there to add them.