Difficulty syncing from Mac to online

Hi,

I have recently switched from Mendeley to Zotero and have successfully imported my library, and access it through the app downloaded for Mac.
However I can't seem to get it to sync so that I can access the PDF's online or on other devices. The titles of papers can be seen but the PDF is not available.
if I try and sync on the Mac app, a red exclamation mark comes up repeatedly saying 'Parent item 17979620/TBKB2R8E of note annotation must be a PDF attachment'.
It then gives me a report id -1914050351

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?!
Thanks for your help
Ben
  • Can you provide a Debug ID (different from a Report ID) for a sync attempt that triggers that error?
  • Hi thanks for the response.
    It only ever gives a Report ID. No Debug ID mentioned
    Thanks
  • I linked to instructions.
  • edited July 22, 2024
    Search for 'TBKB2R8E' in the Zotero search bar in All Fields & Tags mode from the library root. That should select a ZIP file you have saved as an attachment. Somehow the data imported from Mendeley includes a note annotation for that item, which isn't valid — note annotations should only be valid on PDFs. Can you explain that, based on what you see in your Mendeley library? Does that attachment have a sibling PDF attachment as well? If not, do you know how there's a note annotation there, or why the attachment is a ZIP file?
  • Actually, it looks like is something we've already fixed in the Zotero 7 beta.

In this case, you'll likely need to delete that ZIP file and empty the trash to allow syncing to work. You can drag the file elsewhere and add the ZIP file back to Zotero after if you want.