[Zotero 7 ß] URL Scheme does not open PDF anymore

URLs of the form zotero://open-pdf/library/items/G3RKH62D used to open the PDF file rather than simply selecting the entry in Zotero (as does zotero://select/library/items/G3RKH62D). After the last update, it doesn't anymore.

When I set the preferences to open the PDF in Zotero, it works but not when it is set to open in the default (or chosen) viewer. It simply select the entry. The PDF opens when I double-click it. It used to open the file right away in the my default viewer.

Thanks in advance for attemps to look into it.

7.0.0-beta.101+220bb4383 on Mac OS 14.4.1 (M3).

• Updated to 7.0.0-beta.103+691d26886.

It does open the PDF but the focus stays on Zotero. I could swear that it used to focus on the PDF viewer before (as when you click on the entry).

Anyway, it seems to be a non-problem now.
  • I am on 7.0.0-beta.96+4f780424e and I can confirm that the url scheme does indeed open the PDF according to the Reader 'Open PDFs using' preference. If set to 'Zotero', it opens the PDF in focus in Zotero. If set to 'System Default' it opens the PDF in focus in my default PDF app. macOS 12.7.4.

This is the way it should function, correct? So this seems like a bug in the latest beta (that you reference).