Regarding websites snapshots

Hi there,

I am using Zotero for just a few days, but I am loving the tool.

Well, currently I am most using it to store bookmarks, and here I know I am missing something.

I mean, I would love to store snapshots for all websites, but this is not working. I really don't understand where Zotero is able or not to to store snapshots. Sometimes it records snapshots, and sometimes do not.

How does it works, please, or, how to make sure it saves snapshots all the time?

Thanks in advance.
  • Do you have some examples (URLs) where it doesn't?
  • This one, for example (amongst several others):

https://ohhelloana.blog/

If I try to access the snapshot, Zotero says that was not possible to find the attachment.
  • Hey guys, any idea? :)
  • That works for me in Zotero 7 beta and I'd be somewhat surprised if it wouldn't in Zotero 6.
    You're only using a single machine with Zotero? The "attachment not found" message could also just be the cause of files not syncing (https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/files_not_syncing )
  • that url works for me (zotero 6). the snapshot is created and i can acess it.
    maybe zotero didnt save the snapshot correctly, you have to wait a little with the page opened so zotero can save the snapshot correctly
  • edited July 23, 2024
    It seems that some problem regarding file syncing is happening, because even a few days later the same problem is happening. I use Zotero in only one single machine.

But this is strange, because everything seems to be Ok. I am using webDAV, everything is configured properly, there are no errors regarding syncing, etc. But snapshots just does not works many times, and I really don't understand why some websites are saved (very few) and some don't. :(
  • No, if this is on a single machine, it wouldn't have anything to do with file syncing. adamsmith's point was that file syncing could be the issue if this was on a computer other than the one where you added the file.

If you can reproduce the problem, we'd want to see a Debug ID from Zotero for doing so. Again, make sure you're waiting long enough for the file to actually be saved.
  • Thank you so much.

I've done that. Now I just need to paste the debug IDs here?
  • Oh, sorry, my bad. I think now I have to post the debug IDs here. :)

Here they are:

D1554285635

D282148814
  • (5)(+0000002): POST /connector/saveSnapshot HTTP/1.1
    Host: 127.0.0.1:23119
    User-Agent: python-requests/2.32.3
    Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate, br
    Accept: */*
    Connection: keep-alive
    Content-Length: 135
    Content-Type: application/json
    Wait, you're trying to save snapshots from a Python script, without mentioning that in your post here?
  • Oh, sorry, my bad.

So probably something with the script is causing the issue.