Search closes after editing entry to not match search

Zotero 6.0.37 on mac Sonoma 14.5

I wish to edit several references to change the name of the journal (currently all caps)
I click the first one, and edit the journal reference.
Now, that entry does not match the search pattern, but instead of showing me a list of remaining matches, I return to a list of all references.
I believe that for most purposes, showing the search results matching even after editing one to not match is the better alternative since you will reasonably often search for WRONGPATTERN and wish to change them all to CORRECTPATTERN
  • edited July 17, 2024
    There's no great option there — either the item you have selected disappears from the search while you're potentially still editing it or the search is cleared and you can keep editing the item that you just searched for. The former might be useful more often, but it's also likely to be more disorienting.

But there's an easy solution here. If you're trying to change multiple items that match a search so that they no longer match the search, you can just use Advanced Search. You can double-click each item to select it in the main window, and as you make your edits the items will disappear from the list until there's nothing left.