iOS One Annotation Doesn't Update

I have started one annotation in iOS app and finished it on desktop app. However, this annotation doesn't update on iOS
  • edited July 17, 2024
    Hey @poettli, can you please provide some more details. What type of annotation, and what do you mean by starting and finishing? Do you have specific steps that always reproduce the issue? Some screenshots might help us better understand as well. Thanks.
  • What type of annotation
    Annotation associated to an area on a PDF
    what do you mean by starting and finishing?
    Starting to write the annotation on the iOS app, sync, continue and finishing to write the annotation on macOS app.
    Do you have specific steps that always reproduce the issue?
    No, this is just this specific annotation which refuses to update after sync.
    Some screenshots might help us
    https://s3.amazonaws.com/zotero.org/images/forums/u2119014/rk7vmwa184ley5w5ze2x.png
  • edited July 17, 2024
    And it's still missing if you pull down on the items list to force a sync? Can you provide a Debug ID for doing so?
  • And it's still missing if you pull down on the items list to force a sync?
    Yes, still missing

Debug ID is D750317896

• edited July 17, 2024
    It looks like you're getting a lot of WebDAV timeouts (for requests to delete some attachments), and it's possible that data syncing is being delayed due to those.

Are you seeing an indication of an ongoing sync?

In any case, if you force-quit and restart the app, I would think it would pull down the new data. You should then reverify your WebDAV configuration and/or debug the timeouts.
  • edited July 17, 2024
    (Edited for clarity)
    Are you seeing an indication of an ongoing sync?
    I was seeing an information at the bottom, yes. But this might be also related to a recent manipulation error, as I asked Zotero to download all the attachments by mistake. I tried to cancel everything by hand, but maybe some cancellation didn't work.
    WebDAV timeouts
    I cannot access it from the network I am currently. But I never noticed it was a problem during sync, as all other highlights and annotations made on the same PDF synced without any issue, almost instantly. Only this specific one.

I have removed all the information related to the WebDAV, in the case it was the root of the issue. I have also removed all the arrows in the annotation.

But more importantly, the annotation is now updated.

(Edit 2)
    I have reintroduced arrows (→) inside the annotation and it synced without any problem. So the WebDAV timeouts may have played a role in this specific issue.