Zotero beta 101 breaks Safari Connector in Mac Catalina

Had been working fine in the betas before this but now get the flicker and no Zotero. Sad Trombone! I know why not fork out another thousand for a new Mac but this one is working fine with new super fast SSD a few years ago and I'd like to stick with it. Reinstalled older version Zotero from Time Machine backup and all is well. Any way I can stop Z from updating itself??
  • Now working fine with Z Mac 7.0.0-beta.91+3c6625f3c Afraid Z will auto-update and I will lose Safari function.
  • Help me Rhonda, help, help me Rhonda, help me Rhonda help help me Rhonda Help me Rhonda, help me get her out of my mind.
  • edited July 17, 2024
    It's just this:

https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/safari_compatibility#can_t_see_the_save_button_save_button_flickering

It has nothing to do with any specific version of Zotero, and you should absolutely not stay on an outdated beta version.
  • I tried that a few times and just didn't work. Can try it again.
  • Just did it again: Restarted in Safe mode, deleted Zotero b91, emptied it out of trash. Restarted in safe mode. reinstalled b101(7.0.0-beta.101+220bb4383) and sad trombone again Z symbol flickered and then gone and no Zotero connector for Safari. And no I can't use Chrome because I have so many saved bookmarks in Safari and I like the whole system. Any way you can suggest (other than by going back to b91) to make this work? I tried using the Safari Developer pane to "allow unsigned extensions," but that had no effect either.
  • edited July 18, 2024
    Sorry, I missed that you were using Catalina. There was indeed a change that would've caused the extension not to load on old macOS versions. This should be fixed now in beta 102. Thanks for letting us know.
  • Great. and thanks for taking pity on those of us who have carefully upgraded the bits and pieces of our somewhat old Macs without feeding Apple!