Cannot remove/change account on zotero windows app

Hi. I lost my login capabilities for an old zotero account. I created a new account, but cannot find a way to get my old accounts library to go away on the app. I have checked the box to "delete all data" surrounding it as I uninstalled it, restarted my computer.

I then logged into the new (correct) account on the web, uninstalled and re-installed the browser extension to ensure I can save to my new library on the web (it worked).

I then tried to download zotero, went through the installation process, and my old library appeared. The browser extension has managed to reroute itself to the old library again.

How can I get rid of it so I can actually use the new library?
Please and thank you for your help.
  • edited July 15, 2024
    First, there's no reason to create a new account. You can just reset your password to your old account. If you no longer have access to the email address, email us at support@zotero.org with details. If you don't want some or all of the old data, you can just delete it from within Zotero.

In any case, the account you're logged into on this site has nothing to do with your local Zotero. The account the local app is linked to is set in the Sync pane of the Zotero app settings.