Storage not reflecting accurately after group ownership transfer

Issue: Groups are showing up as 0MB in new owner's storage usage after an ownership transfer.

Background:
-I needed to transfer a number of groups created under a personal account to a shared work account to ensure future access to the group content.
-I created a new work account and subscribed to the same storage plan I use on my personal account to accommodate the size of the group libraries.
-I then transferred ownership of the groups from my personal account to the new work account.
-From the new work account, I accepted ownership of the groups.

When I view the storage usage amounts in the new work account, all but two of the transferred groups show up as 0MB. These groups have hundreds, some thousands, of items so I expect them to be much larger.

The transferred groups are no longer showing up in my personal account under Settings> Storage, but I can still view the items in the group web libraries and in my desktop app (linked to my personal account--I'm still a member of the groups).

Using a different web browser (Firefox) to log into the new account did not make a difference in the storage usage view. (I'd been using Edge)

I'm concerned whether the content transferred successfully or not. Why does it seem correct for two of the groups and not the rest?

Many thanks for any insight on this.
  • They show 0 because they're not using any file storage. They don't have any attachments. Library data itself doesn't count against the quota.
  • Got it. I misunderstood how library storage was tallied and didn't realize that some groups had attached files. Thank you for the quick response and explanation.