Some files cannot be synchronized when using WebDAV synchronization

WebDAV is deployed on Synology, and more than 90GB of data has been synchronized so far, with the largest single file being 3.5GB. I found on Synology that when uploading the file 4UFWFKDR.zip (this file is 4.5GB), the tmp file can only grow to 3.65GB, then stops, and finally the tmp file disappears, and the official file does not appear in the system.

After canceling the synchronization, the software prompts—Your WebDAV server returned an HTTP 0 error for the PUT request.

I just found 4UFWFKDR.zip in "AppData\Local\Temp\Zotero," and successfully manually uploaded it using the WebDAV function of the Cyberduck software, so I am requesting help.

报告ID:597203112//Debug ID :D2107451075
  • (1)(+0060485): HTTP PUT http://[…]/zotero%20WebDAV/zotero/AK8VVK7D.zip failed with status code 0

(2)(+0000000): Channel status was 2152398868
    This happened almost exactly 60 seconds after the last upload progress, and the channel status is NS_ERROR_NET_RESET. Are sure you cancelled this and it wasn't just a timeout?
  • I did click cancel upload, it shouldn't be a timeout. Before, when I didn't click cancel upload, it didn't stop the entire day. I once thought it was working hard until I discovered yesterday that it was using up 20MB per second of network speed, yet only uploaded less than a 200MB file throughout the whole day.
  • Have you tried with another WebDAV server? E.g., you can test with a local Docker container running Apache.
  • I haven't tried other WebDAV servers because I successfully uploaded the 4UFWFKDR.zip file in Cyberduck software, so I thought the current WebDAV server shouldn't have any issues—there shouldn't be any problems, right
  • edited July 13, 2024
    Not necessarily. There could be differences in how different clients are handled by the server or network without it being a client problem. Particularly since you're connecting via a somewhat unusual network setup, it would be helpful to test with a local Apache server.

If you're not able to do that, we can test, but I don't know when we'll get to it — files that large aren't currently supported via Zotero Storage at all, so this isn't a common situation.
  • If possible, I hope to continue testing, changing WebDAV is really too troublesome. If any data needs to be provided, I am also willing to continue providing it
  • OK, we'll investigate.
  • Thank you, I will pay attention to the software's version updates. If this issue is resolved in future versions, I will update immediately.