Zotero 7 Beta: Import of New Item Pulls Old Title

Months ago, I pulled several copies of my EPUB book in progress into Zotero, dragging and dropping them into the Item List from my file manager for review and testing. Recently I changed the book's title in Word, reconfigured it into an EPUB in Calibre, and then dragged and dropped it into Zotero. It was pulling the old title when creating the parent data. I checked Word and Calibre thoroughly and found no residue of the old title. Only when I deleted the old versions in Zotero and emptied the trash could I pull in the newly titled EPUB and have the title field properly populated. I realize it's a rare situation and easily worked around, but I was concerned that Zotero grabbed data from an existing item when I created a new item. Both items were created from the same original Word document if that is the link.
  • edited July 4, 2024
    It wouldn't have had anything to do with existing items in the library. Zotero gets the title from metadata embedded in the file. It's possible you were just dragging an old copy by mistake, or maybe you did something that caused the metadata in the new file to be updated.

If you can reproduce this, provide a Debug ID for it, but otherwise I wouldn't worry about it.