[Zotero 7] EPUB Bug ? + Request

I love Zotero 7, thank you for all the amazing improvements.

1. Copying/pasting text from EPUBs does not preserve text formatting - i.e., italics are stripped away when pasted, regardless of pasting mode used. This also happens within the the note editor in Zotero-when text is added to note, formatting is not preserved.

2. In the EPUB reader, can we please get closer/bigger zoom options, and also an option to change column width?
  • Copying/pasting text from EPUBs does not preserve text formatting
    Thanks - good catch. We'll look into supporting this. (Likely won't be able to preserve formatting when creating annotations, but we should at least be able to when directly copying text from the EPUB.)
    In the EPUB reader, can we please get closer/bigger zoom options, and also an option to change column width?
    By closer/bigger zoom options, you mean the ability to zoom out and in further than the current limits? Sure, we can adjust those. I thought the current limits gave a pretty wide range, though - is there a book with formatting issues that you're trying to work around via zoom?

By an option to change the column width, do you mean something that would limit the maximum width of the columns, even when the window is wide enough for the columns to expand further?
  • Thank you for the reply.

I have an EPUB that maxes out Zotero's zoom options before a truly comfortable reading size is achieveable IMHO. See image:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/zotero.org/images/forums/u6663681/rra259wlb4ao45sp3jdv.png

By "column" I mean "margin" -- oops. You can see in my attached image that the margin is quite big but the maximum zoom level has been reached.
  • Thanks. Could you email the EPUB to support@zotero.org and include a link to this thread? We can increase the limit, but I also want to figure out why the text in that book is displaying so small.

Margin customization is planned.