ctrl-f not working at all in PDF viewer - Zotero 7 beta 94

Report-ID: 685377296

Steps to reproduce:
open any document in document reader
click Ctrl-F

expected behaviour: open the search field and put curser in it
experienced behaviour: nothing ... have to click with the mouse in the search field to search
  • edited July 3, 2024
    Just tested and I am experiencing the same issue!

7.0.0-beta.94 on Windows 11
  • Me too, and ctrl+C doesn't work either.

7.0.0-beta.94+e7d2a9a7d (64-bit) on Windows 10
  • Same issue here. Also happening with Ctrl+C, can't copy anything in the pdf with the shortcut, only by right-clicking and selecting copy.
  • @daniu.de, @pcinque, @serein88, @raffzvieira: Fixed in beta 95 — thanks.
  • edited July 3, 2024
    wao ... didn't know that it works like this here ... great - tested and works!

since we are talking about the search function: in Zotero 6 there was an animated symbol (like in former times the sandclock symbol but round) that zotero is not finished with the search. That is gone in Zotero 7 but it was quite useful. Gotta get used to not knowing what's going on.
  • The Ctrl+Shift+K doesn't work in beta95, win11.
  • @RamonMi: I don't think that's ever done anything in the reader. That works in the library view for historical reasons.
  • Oh, it's my fault. That works normally in the library view. I don't know this shortcut in the advanced settings is unsupported in the reader tab.
    However, is it necessary to set an additional shortcut for quick search since the Ctrl+F shortcut supports library and reader view?
  • since we are talking about the search function: in Zotero 6 there was an animated symbol (like in former times the sandclock symbol but round) that zotero is not finished with the search. That is gone in Zotero 7 but it was quite useful. Gotta get used to not knowing what's going on.
    https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/109169/zotero-7-find-in-document-is-missing-busy-indicator/p1
  • @daniu.de: We've added a spinner in beta 96.