Show chapter number as a column

My request is more a visual for a reading than for citing: If I have a book with many chapters that are imported as book sections, Is there a way to display the chapter number as a separate column? I would add this info manually as needed.

A column called Number exists in More Columns, but that doesn't seem part of the Book Section item type. Maybe I'm wrong.

If I add the chapter number before the title, it would also show up in the reference section when cited, which I don't want, and it would make the titles less readable as well, I find.

I could enter the chapter number in Extras (or Chapter number: 34 as it is usually done) and display Extras as a column, but this would display a lot of unneeded info for many items, not just the ones that I added the chapter number to.

Is there another field I could use for the chapter number?
  • ps the need for this comes from chapters usually not being imported in order with the folder icon in the connector, so just reading the chapter titles in order makes no sense. I usually sort by Date Added, which is great because it is so immutable and gives me a chronology of what I looked at.