[Bug] What is continuously triggering the citation picker without my input?

edited June 20, 2024
Could you please help me understand if Zotero, Obsidian, or something else continuously triggers the citation picker without my input?

I suspect Obsidian, and specifically the Obsidian-Zotero-Integration is the issue, but also before and during the typing of this post, there are anomalies. For example, Zotero support and documentation opened 5555555 or six times. And while typing this post. I typed 5 once and it appears multiple times.

Report ID: 1883389533
Debug ID: D4958538
  • (3)(+0000013): Integration: BetterBibTeX-addEditCitation:'better-bibtex-cayw-P2TK56BN' invoked

(3)(+0001022): Editing citation:

(3)(+0000007): {"properties":{},"citationItems":[],"schema":"https://github.com/citation-style-language/schema/raw/master/csl-citation.json"}

(3)(+0000006): Integration: Displaying dialog chrome://zotero/content/integration/quickFormat.xhtml
    Most likely it is Obsidian opening the Zotero citation dialog via the Better BibTeX plugin integration. As Zotero is just responding to a legitimate command from Obsidian, you would have to troubleshoot Obsidian and not Zotero.
  • Thank you. It seems to fixed now although I do not know how.