Page number incrementing for two-page scans

edited June 15, 2024
To improve Zotero's ease of use when annotating PDFs scanned from two-page spreads of books, would it be possible to have Zotero increment the numbering of pages by twos instead of ones? So instead of numbering the PDF pages 1 ... 2 ... 3 ... 4 ... 5, I am requesting instead for pages to be numbered 1⁠–⁠2 ... 3⁠–⁠4 ... 5⁠–⁠6 ... 7⁠–⁠8 ... 0⁠–⁠10 (or even 1 ... 3 ... 5 ... 7 ... 9, so that only half of the annotations need to be renumbered manually). In the case of scanned PDF documents that include the left and right book pages on a single PDF page, it is currently very tedious to manually assign the correct page number to every annotations this. I wish there was a way to automate this.

In another topic, users have discussed the practice of manually setting the page number of PDF annotations that flow across two pages in the style I am proposing (1⁠–⁠2).
  • Would love to see this as well :) All the best to all of you !
  • Adding another voice to this topic--it is my only complaint about the otherwise excellent Zotero pdf annotation functions. I don't know if the solution suggested in the original post is the optimal solution, but it would certainly be preferable to having to correct every annotation, especially as (in my use, anyways) book scans tend to be longer documents than "normal" pdfs.

If this is not a planned zotero feature, is anyone aware of a good plugin for this?