Zotero Connector Libkey Nomad Interference

Hi, I'm from a library service that uses the Libkey Nomad browser extension, and we also have users who use the Zotero extension. Recently, when someone tries to access a text by clicking on the Nomad 'access options' button, it redirects to a Zotero screen shown below.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/zotero.org/images/forums/u14487178/092js6xfpm7fnwre7uql.png

This only happens on the first click, and if they click again it directs to the correct screen. It only happens in Chrome, and not in Microsoft Edge. It's happening to multiple users, so isn't related to one account. This has only started in the last couple of weeks or so.

We've contacted Third Iron who don't think it's a Nomad issue, and it isn't something they've seen before. This is what Third Iron suggested:
"I believe Zotero has some detection features for proxied links so I imagine it's possible there could be a local setting that's causing it to appear when the OpenAthens redirector is invoked or perhaps an update to the extension is needed, but these are only guesses."

Has anyone else had this problem before or know how to solve it?
  • Sorry for the delay. Can you ask Third Iron to contact us at support@zotero.org? The new MV3 extension framework in Chrome requires us to use a new, non-ideal method for detecting and saving metadata on sites, and something about that seems to be causing trouble here. We're hoping that Google will provide another option here, but in the meantime either we or Third Iron should be able to do something to fix this.
  • Thank you for this! I'll contact Third Iron and ask them to get in contact.