Problem connecting to Zotero.org > Saving to Zotero from browser

I may have missed a thread (in which case, I apologize).

For the last few days, I've been regularily unable to connect to Zotero.org.
At the same time, all my attempts to use the zotero connector have failed.

I'm in France. I sometimes use a VPN. As far as I was able to determine, the problem persisted whether the VPN was on or not. The rest of the internet remains accessible. I use Zotero 7 *and Zotero 6 (I switched profiles, tried both, same problem). My OS is Windows 10.

I thought it was coming from me, but I heard from another French user, and they encountered the same problem.

Is it a general problem or should I look at my connexion?
Thanks in advance,
  • Are you talking about just visiting this site in a browser? That would be an issue with your connection.
  • Browser and connector. I tried to connect to the website after being unable to save a page to Zotero on my computer.
    The connector gave me the "unable to connect to Zotero, check that it is open, enable saving to online library".
    The software was opened, I tried again, when I received the same message I went to the website, thinking to save to the online library, and zotero.org wouldn't open.
    It happened several times over the past few days.
    I'm using Firefox but tried at least once from Chrome - same problem.
  • edited June 14, 2024
    That would be some problem with your internet connection or computer. There's no general problem with zotero.org. (You're posting here from somewhere, after all.)

But note that the Zotero Connector doesn't need to connect to zotero.org — it saves directly to the Zotero app as long as you have that open. If it's asking you if Zotero is running, see the troubleshooting page linked from that dialog: https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/connector_zotero_unavailable
  • Thank you for your quick and detailed answer.
    I'll look at local problems and possible solutions.

(and I'm posting now because zotero forums were inaccessible for me for several days - but as said, I'll look at my network for 'why' and solutions)