OO integration error

Hi: I just updated to the latest OO plugin an hour ago. I run FF 3.6 and OO 3.2 under Win 7 x64. The system was running fine. No problem inserting citations. Following the update, which was identified as being available via the FF Add-on notification, I can no longer insert a citation. Paths are all OK, uninstalled, reinstalled, Zotero toolbar shows up fine, but I can't insert a citation in a clean blank document.

I get the following error: "Zotero experienced an error updating your document." But I'm not trying to update it - it's a blank document with a few pieces of text to which I want to include a footnote, but it's not linking to the database for some reason. I'm stumped - it was working fine until the plugin update. Any insight on this? Thanks. John
  • Follow-up. I tried reinstalling again and now get:

"Firefox could not load the component required to communicate with your word processor. Please ensure that the appropriate Firefox extension is installed and try again."

What component is that? The extensions are already installed, the OO toolbar is visible, the FF extension is fine, the database is visible. What am I missing here? Thanks much. John
  • Hi Dan: thanks for your speedy reply. Java is working fine. I reinstalled to be sure. Same error. Wish I could be more helpful. FF has Java enabled. The Java plugin is enabled in the plugins section. Is there a log file somewhere that would give more info? John
  • Another follow-up. I'm using a 64-bit version of FF 3.6. Could this be the problem?
  • Some more info. Turns out a plugin called NPRuntime Script plug-in is not available for 64 bit Firefox. Evidently if it's a 32 bit plugin it won't run under a 64 bit environment. I'm getting 64 bit FF from http://wiki.mozilla-x86-64.com/Firefox:Download.

Well, that at least gives me some clarity - don't understand much more than that. John
  • I vaguely remembered something like this - you'll probably have to switch to the 32bit FF if you want to continue Zotero.
    This should be noted somewhere at least - ideally the Word/Ooo integration should be marked as incompatible with the 64bit FF (if that's possible).