Zotero not saving passwords for syncing

Hi,

Zotero will not sync automatically (although I have that option checked in preferences). In order to sync manually, every time I have to re-enter my password in the Zotero Sync Server portion of the preferences window (though it appears in the box anyway), then do the same for my password for my WebDAV account, and then click the verify server button. Only after that will Zotero sync. If I don't go through that I get error message about Zotero not recognizing my password, not able to connect with my WebDav account, etc.

Any suggestions? Thanks!
  • Zotero uses the Firefox login manager to store passwords. You may have a corrupted signons.sqlite file in your Firefox profile directory, you may have some extension that's conflicting, or you may be using some security software that's preventing this from working. It's likely that you'd have the same problem saving passwords from websites.

If you suspect it's signons.sqlite, make a backup of it, delete it, and then restart Firefox.
  • After redirected into this thread I tried the option above. But unfortunately neither deleting signons.sqlite nor deactivating all other addons is helping.
    Is there mabe an issue with starting Firefox from a diskimage on Mac?

Christoph

----------------------------
    PS. FYI my original post

Hi there,
    at every start of Firefox have to reenter my zotero password and my webdav password in the sync preferences. My username is still there, but my password is blank. My Webdav-Username is there, my Webdav password is filled with dots, but without the password deposited. After reentering the passwords everything is working fine. Other users in our institute with the same configuration does not have this problem.

I think this is is a simple Firefox-issue with the security settings, but I was not able to solve this problem. Maybe someone could give me a hint what to do. I suspect that its quite easy, as long as you know where to look.

My System: FF 3.6; Zotero 2.0; MacOS X 10.5.8

Christoph
  • Do you have the same problem saving passwords from websites?
  • Yes I do. As long as Firefox is running the passwords are available. After restarting Firefox the passwords have to be reentered.
  • OK, you'll want to try the Mozilla support site and forums then, since this is a Firefox issue and people will better be able to help you there.
  • OK, I´ll do this. Thanks (as always) for your quick response.

Christoph