Graphical option to fast transition dark/light modes in Zotero 7

First of all my congratulations to the developers.

I have recently downloaded the new version of Zotero 7 Beta and I am delighted with the new look and speed, plus the additional support for ebooks. I am still evaluating the changes but I have noticed the following regarding dark mode. Currently, you can select in settings to transition between dark and light mode. Generally, the theme is great and looks very elegant. However, I am missing two things:

- To enable dark mode as the main theme but keep the light mode when reading documents. This can be useful when consulting documentation with a lot of images or graphics.
- Two graphical buttons would be useful to quickly transition between dark/light mode, both at global theme and document levels.

This is something already implemented by the Zotero-night plugin. However, I believe it would be beneficial to include it natively. I can think of two cases where at least for me it is necessary this feature:

- When I consult feeds I usually switch to clear mode. It is much easier to visualize new communications.
- Depending on the type of document it may be required to display it in dark or light mode depending on its content.

I hope you find my comments useful.

Thanks in advance.
  • edited June 6, 2024
    Uncheck View → Use Dark Mode for Content in the reader.
  • Thanks @dstillman. I had not found this check box. Perhaps a second checkbox could be enabled to change the global theme in a more accessible way instead the graphical buttons that I menthioned above.

Regarding disabling the dark mode to the content, is there any reason why the background change was also implemented? I think it would be more desirable to just apply it to the document itself while keeping the background of the theme dark.

Thanks in advance