Error editing Citation in Word 2007

I have inserted Zotero citations in Word 2007 documents and I am unable to edit the citation. Each time I get a popup error message instructing me to place the cursor in a Zotero citation. I am attempting to edit the footnote in the Zotero citation. System information:
Windows 7 Pro (64-bit)
Zotero 2.0
Word Plugin version: 3.0a3
Word 2007
Firefox 3.6
  • Does this happen in every document, or only in a specific document?
  • Yes. After trying to resolve the issue several ways with the document I was writing I created new documents from scratch, using different templates and different styles and trying different sources (citation) the problem persisted. Finally, after adding multiple, i.e., more than 2 footnotes to a single document, I was able to edit individual citations. The problem appears to manifest itself when there are fewer than 3 notes in a document. Fortunately most of my work has more than 3 footnotes and this was an exception ....
  • I'd like to join. I'm using the same software. The plugin allows me to edit just "selected" citations. I couldn't figure out any specific issue related to this. Some references are OK in the document, some are not. I work with a lot of references so it's really annoying to check each one of them...