IOS keyboard navigation

The pdf viewer navigation on iPad doesn't work well with keyboard at the moment. Down and up arrows move the page more than one screen view. Page Up/Down has no response.
  • Hello @fangnan, can you please provide some more info.

Can you let me know what are your PDF reader settings (available by tapping the gear button), as these may affect page transition?

For Page Up/Down do you have actual keys, i.e. you use a full keyboard, or function+arrow shortcuts?

With previous versions the actions you describe worked as expected?
  • Hello @mvasilak, my PDF reader settings are:
    Page transition: Continuous
    Page Mode: Automatic
    Page Spreads: Even
    Scroll Direction: Vertical
    Page Fitting: Fit

I tested the Down and up arrows more. I found that it seems they move the height of exactly one page of the pdf, regardless of whether the PDF view is zoomed. In the case I zoomed in the viewer, one up/down move moves more than one screen view.

Actually, I used a special programmable keyboard with only a few keys. I programmed some keys to be the arrows and Page Up/Down. I am sure they sent the keycodes correctly because I checked the keycodes by connecting to a Mac.

With previous versions, I am not sure. I think I tested it once a few months ago and it behaved the same.
  • Thanks @fangnan for the info.
    The PDF library we use, behaves as you describe by default. We can add support for additional key commands though, e.g. "alt+arrow" for moving to the previous/next view port. This would behave as you expect when already zoomed in, and you would still be able to move more quickly, page-by-page, using the "arrow" command.
    As a keyboard user, does that sound like a good compromise to you?
  • @mvasilak Thanks for the reply. Yes, that sounds good. It would be better if you bind them to the Page UP/Down keys if possible. Because it is more natural and these keys currently have no function.