Title Case in non-English

Greetings,

have a situation from time to time where I use non-English titles in my bibliographies. These need to be title cased and I do that in Zotero. My bibliographies are in English formats such as Chicago 17 author-date, so I rarely use the "language" field as my understanding of that value within Zotero is to pass the value to CSL upon the occasion that there is a i18n option for the referencing style selected (imagine there were a French
Chicago 17 and it use « and » instead of " and ").

I would like the convert to Title Case option in Zotero to work with resources which are non-English.

1. Is there a way to do this currently?
  • https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/preventing_title_casing_for_non-english_titles
    is relevant. While it's possible to use the language field otherwise, this is its primary use in Zotero
  • Thank you for pointing to those docs. I think maybe you mis-understood.

I want convert "Traité de documentation : le livre sur le livre, théorie et pratique" to "Traité de Documentation: Le Livre Sur le Livre, Théorie et Pratique".
  • edited May 26, 2024
    Oh, Zotero doesn't support title casing in any other language than English. We looked at French title casing, I believe, and felt it was sufficiently unusual to disregard. (Edit: and in case that's not clear: Chicago Manual appears to discourage using title case for other languages)