Superscript your references without brackets.

Hi,

I have a submission returned to me on an article telling me that I have to 'Superscript your references without brackets'. I am using the blue book format style. I have gone through all 'superscript numbers', and no brackets are there.

I am starting to think that there is something I don't understand about the style. Does anyone familiar with the bluebook style know what this means?

Thanks!
  • When you handed in your manuscript, did you unlink the citations in a copy of the file therefore removing all active citations and removing the field codes?
    That way your citations are just text and cannot be modified in case a reviewer/editor also uses Zotero and it somehow changes the formatting.
  • Thanks damnation for your reply. I didn't unlink anything at all. And i downloaded the submission from the journal that I've submitted, and don't see any bracket all all. All looks correct as shown in the cropped fig attached.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/zotero.org/images/forums/u14355925/glwx23pg1fglk3il4106.png