PubMed: nbib vs browser icon Case type vs Article type (inconsistent import)

edited 25 days ago
7.0.0-beta.79+95d5a5417

When the record is imported as one of many in an nbib file it appears as a Case type without a journal name but when individually imported via the Zotero browser icon it arrives as a journal article.

This isn't a one time problem but will always happen when the nbib PT also includes "Legal Case" in addition to "Journal Article".

I think that the correct citation type should be journal article. Shouldn't the Case type be reserved for something else? Should this be CSL legal_case even though it is listed that way only as a second tag? The bibliographic information is more complete with the Article type (see below). Indeed, if the dual purpose of a citation is attribution and findability, the Case type provides neither. In any event, I want my Zotero record to be the Article type and when I do an nbib import and see the Case type, I must edit the record (or re-import via the browser icon) to make it contain all needed metadata.

PMID 38771714

nbib content:

PMID- 38771714
OWN - NLM
STAT- MEDLINE
DCOM- 20240521
LR - 20240521
IS - 8756-8160 (Print)
IS - 8756-8160 (Linking)
VI - 39
IP - 1
DP - 2024 Spring
TI - In Vitro Fertilization, State Wrongful Death Statutes and State Fetal Homicide
Statutes: The Reaction to LePage v. Center for Reproductive Medicine.
PG - 50-65
[cut AB, CI, FAU, AU, and AD tags]
LA - eng
PT - Journal Article
PT - Legal Case

PL - United States
TA - Issues Law Med
JT - Issues in law & medicine
JID - 8511295

APA citation as Case
In Vitro Fertilization, State Wrongful Death Statutes and State Fetal Homicide Statutes: The Reaction to LePage v. Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Spring 2024).
[author name, journal name, volume and pagination are missing]

APA citation as Article
Linton, P. B. (2024). In Vitro Fertilization, State Wrongful Death Statutes and State Fetal Homicide Statutes: The Reaction to LePage v. Center for Reproductive Medicine. Issues in Law & Medicine, 39(1), 50–65.

Vancouver citation as Case
1. Linton PB. In Vitro Fertilization, State Wrongful Death Statutes and State Fetal Homicide Statutes: The Reaction to LePage v. Center for Reproductive Medicine. Vol. 39. 2024. p. 50–65.
[journal name missing]

Vancouver citation as Article
1. Linton PB. In Vitro Fertilization, State Wrongful Death Statutes and State Fetal Homicide Statutes: The Reaction to LePage v. Center for Reproductive Medicine. Issues Law Med. 2024;39(1):50–65.

Is this something that can be resolved by changes to rendering of the CSL style? I'd rather it be handled upon import.

Thanks