et al issues using Zotero with overleaf

Hello! I have been doing my references by connecting zotero to overleaf using overleaf pro. I'm having this weird issue when if there are three or more authors instead of taking the last name of the first author and then putting et al, it puts the last name of the first three authors and then et al. I've tried \usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
\usepackage[style=authoryear-ibid, maxcitenames=2, uniquename=false, backend=biber, doi=false, isbn=false, eprint=false, url=false]{biblatex}
\addbibresource{references.bib}, \usepackage[
backend=biber,
style=authoryear,
sorting=nyt,
maxcitenames=2,
giveninits=true,
uniquename=false,
dashed=false,
natbib=true,
url=false,
doi=false,
isbn=false,
eprint=false
]{biblatex}
\addbibresource{your_bibliography.bib}, nothing works. I have checked and the names are formatted correctly in Zotero. I would really really appreciate any suggestions.
  • edited May 17, 2024
    Check in Overleaf that the biblatex coming from Zotero looks right, but beyond that, this is an issue for either Overleaf support or TeX Exchange -- once Zotero produces the biblatex export it has nothing to do with the citations anymore.
  • Hello! Thank you so much for your help. I managed to solve the issue by adding uniquelist=false to the command.