Missing Database

The names, sizes, and dates of all files beginning with “zotero.sqlite” in your current data directory.
- zotero.sqlite (5024 KB)
- no other dates

Whether there's a 'storage' folder containing subfolders with dates corresponding to your previous usage of Zotero
- no storage file

Whether your current data directory is in the default location (“Zotero” in your home folder)
- it is in the default location

When you last used Zotero on this computer, and what happened on your computer since then
- used Zotero about 1 month ago.

What you've tried so far
- located the sqlite file.

I did not do any disk clean up. The only sort of clean I can recall is deleting the history from Chrome.
  • edited May 17, 2024
    This is a totally empty data directory, so either you were using a custom data directory elsewhere on your computer or you deleted your previous data directory. You could have done the latter from outside Zotero or by unlinking your synced account from within Zotero and telling it to delete local data.
  • edited May 17, 2024
    Hi, thanks for your response.

"you were using a custom data directory elsewhere on your computer or you deleted your previous folder."
    - I'm not sure what you mean about "custom data directory." I never changed or edited the data directly or manually delete any folder for Zotero.

"You could have done the latter from the filesystem or by unlinking your synced account from within Zotero and telling it to delete local data."
    - I'm not sure how I could have unlinked the account within Zotero unless an update deleted it. Again, I didn't manually delete any folder or data file.

Again, from reading other forum posts, it seems that the only solution you give is that the user must have deleted it when cleaning the disk. But, I haven't done anything like that since using Zotero in 2019.

The error report shows (which I'm not sure is helpful or not):
    [JavaScript Error: "HTTP POST https://repo.zotero.org/repo/updated?last=1715887627&version=6.0.36&m=3 failed with status code 500"]

[JavaScript Error: "Failed too many times"]

[JavaScript Error: "HTTP POST https://repo.zotero.org/repo/updated?last=1715887627&version=6.0.36&m=3 failed with status code 500"]

version => 6.0.36, platform => Win32, oscpu => Windows NT 10.0; WOW64, locale => en-US, appName => Zotero, appVersion => 6.0.36, extensions => Zotero LibreOffice Integration (6.0.4.SA.6.0.36, extension), Zotero Word for Windows Integration (6.0.4.SA.6.0.36, extension)

Unfortunately I cannot send this error report as an error window pops up saying: Invalid response from repository.
  • edited May 18, 2024
    "You could have done the latter from the filesystem or by unlinking your synced account from within Zotero and telling it to delete local data."
    - I'm not sure how I could have unlinked the account within Zotero
    By what I say — unlinking your account from syncing from the Sync preferences, at which point Zotero gives you the option of deleting local data. It's that, you had changed to a custom data directory location in the Advanced settings and your data is elsewhere on your computer, or something deleted your data directory outside of Zotero. It's almost always the last one — people do this regularly while trying to clear disk space.

There's no other way to end up with a new, empty data directory.

But if you were syncing, you can just set up syncing again to download your library.