[solved] Zotero 2.0 not working on UBuntu 9.10 with FF 3.5.8 & OOo 3.2

Hi,
I'm using Zotero 1.0.10 with OOo 3.2 on Ubuntu 9.10.

Everything worked fine until now.

I can put citations into my documents, but the bibilography is not created the right way. In a fresh document (to check the feature) the bibliography is empty although I inserted a citation right beforehand.

In an existing document I made use of 4 sources. I saw that a newly added source did not appear, so I created a new bibliography and now there is only one source apperaring in it.

In the screenshot you see the error. I inserted the citation and afterwards added the bibliography but it "remains empty."

http://yfrog.com/ccauswahl009p
  • Something is odd with that citation - are you using Bookmarks or Reference Marks?
    Reference Marks should be all gray and not just have a little gray bar at the end.
    Boomarks break easily, so maybe that happened?
  • I used reference marks. This is how reference marks always look like (in my case).

I tried bookmarks afterwards and it worked.

I can reproduce it without any problem: new document -> new citation (reference mark) -> add bibliography and there it is "{Bibliography}"
  • could be that the 1.0 plugin doesn't work well with Ooo 3.2 - Ooo 3.2 came out long after development on the 1.0 series plugins stopped. Any reason you're not updating to Zotero 2.0? It works fine on your set-up.
  • ok, I tried to update. Now i got 2 FF Add-ons installed (zotero 2.0 and the OOo-plugin 3.06) but nothing happens when I click the "Insert citation"-button.

I reinstalled the OOo-plugin, restarted FF and OOo several times...

The database was updated without a problem, I got everything in Zotero, but it does not work with FF.

What's that python-Plugin about? Anything I have to worry about using Ubuntu?
  • no - ubuntu has python working well.
    Make sure Ooo is completele closed, then try re-installing the Ooo components - not by actually reinstalling the add-on, but by going (in FF) to Tools-->Add-ons-->Extensions --> Zotero Ooo Integration -->Preferences
    and clicking the Reinstall Ooo Components button.
  • edited February 26, 2010
    I referred to that reinstallation-process.
    Tried it another time, didn't solve the problem.

any further suggestions?
  • I noticed, that the old version of the OOo-Plugin (for Zotero 1.0) still was installed. After deinstalling it and reinstalling the up-to-date version it works.
    Once I got an error message:

"Firefox could not load the component required to communicate with your word processor. Please ensure that the appropriate Firefox extension is installed, then try again."

But now it works alright.
This discussion has been closed.