Report ID: 310673518

I try to perform a sync operation and Z responds with the message:

"Items in the collection 'Precipitation' have been added and/or removed in
multiple locations. The following items have been added to the collection:
...... "

Then that causes the sync to fail with this error message over and over again:

[JavaScript Error: "uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [mozIStorageStatement.execute]" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/data/collection.js :: anonymous :: line 566" data: no] [ERROR: constraint failed]"]
  • Back up your Zotero data directory and try a Full Sync from the Sync->Reset pane of the Zotero preferences.

If that doesn't do the trick, provide a Debug ID for a sync attempt that generates the error
  • After multiple partial and failed sync attempts with various Reset settings, I did finally get my Zotero to succeed in doing its sync. I then tested that I could sync those changes now in the repository down into another of my machines and this worked as well.

Sync still seems to be the weak point of your otherwise wonderful Z 2.0 version. For example, I often have to do a Reset File Sync History to force the PDF attachments to get transferred. But thanks for a great piece of work.