Sync issues

ID: 997248837

Just opened up Zotero this morning and am unable to sync. Get this message: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [mozIStorageStatement.execute]" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/db.js :: anonymous :: line 139" data: no] [QUERY: INSERT INTO items (itemID, itemTypeID, dateAdded, dateModified, clientDateModified, libraryID, key) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)] [ERROR: constraint failed

Also don't know if it's related, but I have never been able to see my groups in the library pane of zotero. No error messages here, just nothing shows up.

Using Firefox 3.6 and Zotero 2. Tried restarting computer, and firefox several times to no avail. thanks.
  • 1) Provide a Debug ID for the sync attempt that generates this error.

2) Back up your Zotero data directory.

3) Try performing a Full Sync from the Sync->Reset pane of the Zotero preferences.
  • Debug ID is: D808352214

I did as you suggested and I am now seeing my subscribed groups in the left pane (thanks!), and though I now no longer get an error when I sync, the sync arrow keeps revolving indefinitely with the message: "updating data to sync server". I had zotero enable debugging on restart and sent the data to your servers with the debug id: D651526949
  • http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/10058/2/upload-accepted-waiting-for-sync-server/#Item_6
  • great thanks, all seems to be working now