Mendeley import ended up in the bin

After several attempts with Mendeley import, only 1090 items had been transferred out of over 10000. These attempts took hours and did use 20 or 30 GB of storage. After reading previous posts I did have the debug running to check it was running.

However on closer inspection there are now 16000 items in the bin that I am manually restoring to my library (quite a few duplicates).

Very few pdfs seem to have been transferred, with only 105 folders in Zotero/storage.

Will another attempt at a transfer (once the bin has been restored to the library) help move the pdfs over?

Using a Mac
  • After several attempts with Mendeley import, only 1090 items had been transferred out of over 10000
    Did you let the process finish? Was there an error? As long as the progress bar is displayed, importer is doing the work and the wizard window should not be closed. With library of this size, I'd expect this to run for several hours. Once it has finished, it will show a confirmation that import is completed.
    However on closer inspection there are now 16000 items in the bin that I am manually restoring to my library (quite a few duplicates).
    Was this a repeated import? Importer will match previously imported items and won't re-import these so if you've previously deleted these items, entries would remain in trash.
    Will another attempt at a transfer (once the bin has been restored to the library) help move the pdfs over?
    Yes, it will import items that have not been imported yet. Anything that is already imported won't be updated, but there is a checkbox allowing to override this behaviour.

I'd recommend trying again and letting it run overnight. If you still see missing item after it completes, we would need a Debug ID showing the import attempt.

• Yes I did let the process finish - I'd been running the debug as recommended in earlier posts. And it did run overnight.

I'd run it twice as the first time it reported only importing in 1090 items. A second attempt (also overnight) said only 1 item had been imported - which seemed odd given the length of time and the activity in the debug record - hence doing a bit of searching and finding most items in the bin.

Once I finish restoring the bin back to library (I've got as far as "E" in the author list!) I'll run it again and get a debug ID.
    Thanks!