PDF files renaming casuing syncing issue

This is related to my previous discussion: https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/114001/cant-sync-using-webdav#latest

It seems that the pdf file renaming has some issues:
for example, if you import this paper: https://opg.optica.org/oe/fulltext.cfm?uri=oe-18-2-1430&id=194497, in zotero the title will display like this: "High-order temporal coherences ofchaotic and laser light" where a space between "of" and "chaotic" missing.

Not expert on this, but might be an encoding issue?

The subsequent issue related to this is the PDF file will be renamed to "Stevens 等 - 2010 - High-order temporal coherences of?chaotic and laser light", where a "?" is included in the file name. This will create a sync issue, regardless of using zotero sync or WebDAV.
  • Thanks for trying and sharing. I tried to import the article you mentioned, and at first it did appear that there was a missing space between "of" and "chaotic" as you mentioned, but after updating the metadata, the error was corrected (via "zotero-inspire" plugin). But my attachment file was renamed without the extra "?" etc. But the sync function still has the error "PathUtils.filename: Could not initialize path: NS_ERROR_FILE_UNRECOGNIZED_PATH".
    I guess this error could be caused by some plugin; or maybe the error is caused by using zotero sync in the first period, and now using webDAV sync.
    I don't know if you got rid of the error yet? How exactly did it work?@Ycl_Phy
  • edited 13 days ago
    It’s not caused by a plugin — it’s from an erroneous character in the title. We’re working on a fix. Thanks to @Ycl_Phy for tracking it down.
  • We've fixed this for the next beta.
  • edited 12 days ago
    @Jervine Yes, I did fix it by myself. I would suggest you to try to find what file in your library is renamed with weird characters.
    I would suggest try to either search in the local storage and see if any “?” appears. An alternative way to do this (also how I found out the issue), is to export part of your library and track down which item has the issue. In my case, I can’t export the paper I mentioned above(I got an error), and that’s how I track down this issue. You also need to delete from the trash, to fix everything.