Glitch in footnotes when citing same thing subsequent times

Report ID: 856903091

When I add a citation for something which I have already cited once on my Microsoft Word document, the subsequent citations are not appearing in their correct format. This is not happening every time, and the glitch has appeared in multiple formats. For example, one citation includes only the URL of the file and nothing more, while another has only the author's name but with random apostrophes in the middle, e.g. "S''h" instead of "Smith."

Steps to reproduce:
1. Click "Add/Edit Citation."
2. Type in and select a source which you have already cited in the same document.
3. Press enter.

I would expect to see the short-form version of the citation, and instead I am receiving glitches. Some of my citations have been copied and pasted from one word doc to another, but even when I refresh my citations the problem persists.

Any help gratefully appreciated!

PS. I hope I have formatted this report correctly, my apologies for any errors.
  • What citation style? Can you provide screenshots of reproducing this?
    one citation includes only the URL of the file and nothing more,
    That just sounds like you selected a PDF rather than a parent item (which I believe is possible — and a bug — if you're using the classic citation dialog).

You should make sure you're using the regular citation dialog, which has a separate Cited section in the results. If you're using the classic citation dialog, you might just be selecting different/incorrect items in your library.