Advanced search not working in 7.0.0-beta.76+91054acfe (64-bit)

Doing a search for "MDA" AND "n-3" returns a variety of articles (183), whether performed via the search box or the Advanced search dialog box ("Match all of the following").

Running "n-3" returns 796 items, "MDA" returns 2151 items.

Drilling down on one item, "Enteral Omega-3 Fatty Acid, γ-Linolenic Acid, and Antioxidant Supplementation in Acute Lung Injury" reveals that it does not contain "MDA", in either the PDF or any of the notes, fields, etc.

Running a search for just "MDA" does not return "Enteral Omega-3 Fatty Acid, γ-Linolenic Acid, and Antioxidant Supplementation in Acute Lung Injury", as is expected.

I would expect that only items containing both terms would be returned. Clearly something is happening (the advanced search returns fewer items than the two super-set searches) but it's not clear what...
  • Bumping this... Any thoughts?
  • It's disturbing this topic hasn't received a reply. A database without a reliable search function is not a useful thing.

Another example: Searching for "Hammock weight" in "All fields and tags" does not yield Rice 2020, although that item contains "Hammock" in the title and "weight" in a note. Advanced search using "Any field" produces the same result.

However searching under "Everything" does find "Rice 2020".
  • There's an open issue for advanced search: https://github.com/zotero/zotero/issues/3434#issue-1909502795 that I assume is the issue for what you see in the initial post (reminder that you're using the beta version; you shouldn't find anything that doesn't cause catastrophic data loss or corruption 'disturbing').

For the last issue, that's as expected. The full text also contains weight, I assume, so that, together with the title, gets picked up by "Everything". Otoh, Notes (like attachments) are treated as separate items in all fields and tags search, so you'd have either the note or the title containing _both_ weight and Hammock to get a result.
  • Sadly I had to switch to the beta version because the 6.x version had become unusable.

So this isn't really a beta for me, I can't use the 6.x version. From the complaints about slowness in 6.x, I'm probably not the only one.

It doesn't sound like the open issue #3434 is the same. This is a case of 'finding' terms that don't exist, not failing to refresh conditions in a search.

Thanks for the clarification of the last issue.