Zotero and Word online / version control for files saved in OneDrive/SharePoint?

Hello, I've seen some posts from people wanting to use Zotero in Microsoft Word in the online version of Word 365. And I've read that such a feature is in development but not ready yet. I've also read some suggestions that -- if you also have Word as a computer program, you could start with a Word file online, one saved in SharePoint or OneDrive, and use the "Open in Desktop App" command. Indeed, when I tried that, the Zotero menu was right where I expected it to be in the Word desktop application.
But does anyone know what happens with version control if I'm editing a Word file via the desktop app (so that I may insert citations), and someone else is editing it on OneDrive/Sharepoint at the same time?
Thanks!
  • That's not really Zotero related, right? In general, I think version control will work just fine with simultaneous online/local-sync edits, though you might want to test for an important project to be extra sure.