Chrome extension not including full-text PDFs (Debug ID: D1689444696)

Hello - I know others have posted about this, but I have been unable to resolve the issue of failed PDF downloads using the Chrome extension. Important context: This became an issue when I changed institutions 4 months ago and uploaded my existing Zotero library onto a new laptop. I have been unable to download any full-text PDFs since that time. I have also been unsuccessful attempting to "Find Available PDFs" from the Zotero software.

I have already tried (each one multiple times):
1. Uninstalling the extension, restarting my browser, then re-installing the extension
2. Updating my browser
3. Removing other browser extensions

I followed instructions found elsewhere to generate this Debug ID: D1689444696

Any help is appreciated!
  • edited 13 days ago
    doi.org:443 uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is not trusted because the issuer certificate is unknown.
    The server might not be sending the appropriate intermediate certificates.
    An additional root certificate may need to be imported.

Error code: SEC_ERROR_UNKNOWN_ISSUER
    A proxy server, security software, or something else on your network is intercepting and breaking your secure connections.

Depending on the exact configuration, the Zotero 7 beta might fix this for you by automatically trusting a "custom certificate authority" that your institution installed on the system (which could be the reason other apps aren't complaining that all your secure connections are insecure).

https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/ssl_certificate_error
  • Thank you! It does appear that the Zotero 7 beta install seems to have fixed it.