Quick copy not in correct citation style

I'm using Zotero 6.0.37 on a desktop on a Mac alongside Google Docs. Quick Copy is not generating the correct in-text citation style.

This is what I've tried:

-In Zotero under Settings>Export>Quick Copy>Item Format, I select American Sociological Association 6th/7th Edition.

-In the Google Doc, I've changed the Style under the drop down "Document Preferences" tab to American Sociological Association 6th/7th Edition.

In-text citations in ASA should look like this: "(Author Date:Page Number). But when I drag an annotation from a PDF in Zotero to the document, the in-text citation which results looks like this: "(Author, 2021, p. 4) (pdf)."

This is incorrect. Why is it doing this? I've restarted Google Docs and Zotero five plus times.

Note: If I copy over a quote manually and then use Ctrl-Command-C, the in-text citation generates correctly in proper ASA format.
  • edited 27 days ago
    Dragged annotations currently just use the default APA-style citation format you get when you drag annotations to Zotero notes. This is a workflow that's currently meant primarily for things like personal knowledge bases (hence the the PDF link back to Zotero), not submitted documents with bibliographic citations.

To add annotations to a document in a supported word processor, add them to a Zotero note, and then insert the note into your document with the plugin's Add Note button. The citations will then be inserted in the style you've selected using the plugin's Document Preferences window, as if you had used Add/Edit Citation.

Future versions will improve on this, including allowing annotations to be inserted directly via the plugin without being added to a note first. We'll likely also make the citation format of dragged annotations configurable via Quick Copy, but you generally wouldn't use that in a supported word processor — that's what the plugins are for.

https://www.zotero.org/blog/zotero-6/#adding_notes_to_word_processors
  • That sounds excellent. Will there be an option to export with citation keys?