Item type for collections of essays
[Split from Add a "New Item Type" and Italicization of a Word in Title]
I have a related matter. I have been working with Zotero for only a week and apologize if this problem has already come up in the forum. Several searches turned up nothing. Search word "Bibliography" turned up too many Discussions to sift through efficiently. Here is my problem:
I frequently use collections of essays by several authors. The collections have editors other than the authors of the individual essays. These are things like Festschriften, conference proceedings, or books with titles beginning Companion to .... I have not found a suitable New item category for these works. I want the biblio and footnotes to give the name of the essay author, title of the essay, page numbers, name of the collection editor, collection title, and the usual publication information.
I can enter names of the authors of the individual essays, but I have not been able to figure out a way to enter the name(s of collection editors.
Is there a New item category that will generate a biblio or footnote that has the following information (I understand that the order and punctuation within the output will vary according to the selected style--Chicago, APA, etc.). Below is an example of the sort of output I am hoping for (but with the book title italicized):
Stacey, Robert C. “Anti-semitism and the Medieval English State,” in John R. Maddicott and David M. Palliser, eds., The Medieval State: Essays Presented to James Campbell (London: Hambledon Press, 2000), 163–77.
I have a related matter. I have been working with Zotero for only a week and apologize if this problem has already come up in the forum. Several searches turned up nothing. Search word "Bibliography" turned up too many Discussions to sift through efficiently. Here is my problem:
I frequently use collections of essays by several authors. The collections have editors other than the authors of the individual essays. These are things like Festschriften, conference proceedings, or books with titles beginning Companion to .... I have not found a suitable New item category for these works. I want the biblio and footnotes to give the name of the essay author, title of the essay, page numbers, name of the collection editor, collection title, and the usual publication information.
I can enter names of the authors of the individual essays, but I have not been able to figure out a way to enter the name(s of collection editors.
Is there a New item category that will generate a biblio or footnote that has the following information (I understand that the order and punctuation within the output will vary according to the selected style--Chicago, APA, etc.). Below is an example of the sort of output I am hoping for (but with the book title italicized):
Stacey, Robert C. “Anti-semitism and the Medieval English State,” in John R. Maddicott and David M. Palliser, eds., The Medieval State: Essays Presented to James Campbell (London: Hambledon Press, 2000), 163–77.
Upgrade Storage