Vancouver Style

Hi there,
I need to use the Vancouver Style that use brackets in citations numbers and in the references and also that add the url of the document when it exist.
So I've try the:
"Vancouver" it had the url but does not use the brackets;
"Elsevier- Vancouver" it had the brackets but not the url
"Vancouver brackets" it had brackets in the citations numbers, and add the url in the references.

So none of this one does what I want.
What can I use that use the Vancouver style with brackets in citations numbers and in the references numbers and also add the url in the references?

Thank you for you help!
  • I don't fully understand what you're looking for as you're contradicting yourself in what you write, but adding or changing the type of brackets is very easy. Let us know which exact (!) style you're using and what exactly you want to achieve, with an example, then we can help.
  • Thank you very much for your attention.
    What I'm looking for is a Vancouver style that, in addition to making the parentheses straight, as Elsevier-Vancouver does, also adds the url . At the moment Elsevier-Vancouver doesn't add the url to the references and I need that.
    Thank your for you help.
    Kind Regards,
    Nidia
  • Oh, I forget the "Vancouver brackets" it does not work for me, because it does not add the brackets in the number of references.

Thank your again
  • Making that change is very easy.
    However, is this for a specific journal? If so, please share the name and a link to their guidelines.
  • Hello,
    Thank you again for your attention.
    The journal is "The Journal of Climate Change and Health" by Elsevier.
    I submitted a paper there, and they ask me to add the url to the digital documents that don't have doi, like this example:

[1] Ponte N. As perceções dos médicos sobre os impactos das alterações climáticas na saúde. Dissertação de Mestrado. Universidade Aberta, 2023.

Zotero already have the Elsevier- Vancouver, but like I told, in this it's missing the urls in the references, like you can see in the example before.

The link to guide: https://www.sciencedirect.com/journal/the-journal-of-climate-change-and-health/publish/guide-for-authors .

Thank you again for your attention.

Kind Regards,
    Nidia
  • I don't seen an URL in your example though.
  • I think the question is whether non-webpage documents should have URLs -- I actually don't see any indication in the author guidelines that they should (which is why they don't in Elsevier Vancouver).
  • edited 8 days ago
    Just double checking this.
    The published papers of this journal show exactly the style we have on file, elsevier-vancouver.csl.

E.g.:
    [5]
    [5] Campbell JL, Pedersen OK. The varieties of capitalism and hybrid success. Comp Polit Stud 2007;40:307–32. https://doi.org/10.1177/0010414006286542.

If you still feel like there is an issue, please let us know.

(PR for dependent style: https://github.com/citation-style-language/journals/pull/147)
  • Hello,
    In the web page they don't mention that, but after when they do the revision of the article they demand that.
    I have some articles that don't have doi, they have url. Like the example I gave. I export it and the url is not there because Zotero with Elsevier-Vancouver does not put it.

For example I have this document, Zotero export like this:

[1] Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. IPCC 2021: Climate Change 2021: The Physical Science Basis. Contribution of Working Group I to the Sixth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. Cambridge University Press. In Press.; 2021.

I I need it like this:

But I need it like this, because the Journal is demanding:
    [1] Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. IPCC 2021: Climate Change 2021: The Physical Science Basis. Contribution of Working Group I to the Sixth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. Cambridge University Press. In Press.; 2021. https://www.ipcc.ch/report/ar6/wg1/downloads/report/IPCC_AR6_WGI_SPM_final.pdf

In other words, what I notice is that when there is no DOI, in Book, book section, conference articles, theses/dissertations, reports, Zotero does not include the url. But these documents have an eletronic address and the journal is demanding that the url appears in these documents.
  • thnak you again for your attention