Mac plugin for word

Word add-in is simply not apprearing - no zotero toolbar, and no macros.

so I've been through all the troubleshooting steps - copied the zoterm.dtm file to the word statrtup directory, reinstalled zotero, checked tat the plugin enabled in zotero/preferenbces.

I can see the zotero.dtm file in the word startup directory (and I've copied it over), but there is no Zotero tab in word and there is no sign of zotero in word templates and add-ins.

I would say I'm much less familiar with macs, but I think I've followed all the troubleshooting tips I can find.
  • Are you sure you have the correct startup folder (i.e., have you identified the startup folder using Word, not just relied on the default path)? It's quite unlikely that Zotero wouldn't even appear with the .dotm in the startup folder?
  • yes, I checked. the folder is /Users/robingaster/Library/Group Containers/UBF8T346G9.Office/User Content.localized/Startup.localized/Word. Don't know if "localized" is a problem. I tried to remove it from the Finder address bar, but not perhaps successfully. and anyway that may not be the problem....
  • But did you actually verify from within Word that this is the active startup folder, i.e.
    If changes you make to the Startup folder aren't taking effect, you can confirm that Word isn't set to a different location. In Word, open the “Word” menu in the top-left of the screen and select “Preferences”. Click on “File Locations” under “Personal Settings” and click on “Startup” at the bottom of the list.