[Zotero 7 Beta] Make "View" -> "Use Dark Mode for Content" available from My Library

The option "View" -> "Use Dark Mode for Content" changes the background color of the PDF Reader. I can change this option when a PDF tab is opened.
But it also affects the background color of the Preview, visible from My Library. I would therefore expect to see that option also in the View menu from My Library. But it is not available at the moment.
Is it possible to add it?
  • Yes, it probably makes sense to add that option to library tab.
  • edited July 19, 2024
    @mjthoraval: Would you actually ever use this in the library tab to affect the preview, or are you just noting the inconsistency? Because I'd be inclined to just put this in the Reader section of the settings, where it would be available to people who didn't use the reader at all, and otherwise just have it be controlled in reader tabs. I think it would be pretty confusing in the library tab, since it's not really clear what it's referring to.
  • I would use it when I go through my library with the Preview section pinned.

It would work also for me to make it available from a right-click on the section itself, so that it is clear that it applies to the preview. But in that case, it may give the impression that the option only applies to the preview, and not to the PDF Reader tabs (which could work also).

Having the option available in the settings is good also. But that would be less convenient to quickly switch, when some of the previews are not clear in dark mode for example.

Also, if people are not using the Reader, it may also be confusing why the preview settings would be in the Reader section of the settings. It could as well belong to the Interface section, so that all dark mode options are grouped together.

I am not sure what is best, just some thoughts about it.