How can I change the order of citations ?

The new files appear in random order in My Collection as I download them and there is no choice to move them up or down. I found a similar case in a discussion and it was suggested, clicking on the left arrow, a "classic view" can be seen with arrows on the right. No arrows at all on the right. In this way the citation order in the Bibliography entirely wrong.
  • The items in your Zotero library are sorted based on columns. You can click on column names in the item tree, to change the sort order, and also right-click on the columns to add new columns that you can sort based on.

The items cited in your document are sorted according to the citation style requirements. If you want to change the sort order of the bibliography you will have to change the citation style in the Zotero Document Properties.
  • Hello, thank you your comment, I have to use Vancouver style + numbering the references. No matter how I try to set the format, the software always puts the references in ABC order. Example:
    1. Gueiderikh A, Maczkowiak-Chartois F, Rosselli F.
    2. Moreno OM, Paredes AC, Suarez-Obando F, Rojas A
    3. Repczynska A, Julga K, Skalska-Sadowska J, Kacprzak MM,

The right order would be: 2-1-3 (as they appear in the manuscript text)
    I found a Number option in More Columns, but no matter how many literature I download, it remains empty for all of them. I tried to find an option in the Info section where I can fill this in manually (like the Archive), but there is none, which means that in the created Bibliography I have to move the items (CtrlX-CtrlV), just one mistake and all is trash. So what I need probably the simplest task: order by number.
  • The sorting of items in the Zotero library has nothing to do with sorting in your document bibliography.

The default Vancouver style numbers items based on appearance in the text and sorts the bibliography by appearance, as long as you don't manually modify any citations or anything. There is also a Vancouver (sorted alphabetically) citation style available, make sure you are not using it. See the Zotero Style Repository for other Vancouver variants.