Report ID: 702900149

Hi, this has been happening for a while now. Every now and again, quite frequently, Zotero places an red bar error message like the one attached as a png image here. I have to close and open again the app.

Also, Zotero has become extremely slugguish and lagging to the point were using it is a bit of a drag. Right clicking any Title takes like 3 seconds to display the sub-menu and sometimes more. Also the editing of Titles and its metadata is very unresponsive.

It also started to create conflict with LibreOffice's plugin and don't know if it is related. I have to run libreOffice in --safe-mode in order for it to work correctly. Writer is unbearable if not. I have also noticed sluggishness in the document viewer for pdfs in general in my Ubuntu 22.04. Again don't know if it is related.

There are no steps for reproducing, just using the regular zotero.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/zotero.org/images/forums/u10294532/oytk7plq40ppq62721nc.png
  • Still want to thank you for the work. Zotero is my defacto bookmarking tool and it's great.
  • Yes, we've identified this cause of this error — which can happen when making annotations while Zotero is busy or slow — and we believe it's fixed in the latest Zotero 7 beta.
    Also, Zotero has become extremely slugguish and lagging to the point were using it is a bit of a drag. Right clicking any Title takes like 3 seconds to display the sub-menu and sometimes more. Also the editing of Titles and its metadata is very unresponsive.
    That wouldn't be normal. You should restart your computer, and if it still happens, try disabling any third-party plugins you're running.
    It also started to create conflict with LibreOffice's plugin and don't know if it is related. I have to run libreOffice in --safe-mode in order for it to work correctly. Writer is unbearable if not. I have also noticed sluggishness in the document viewer for pdfs in general in my Ubuntu 22.04. Again don't know if it is related.
    None of this should be related, and makes it sound like there's a more general problem on your system that's affecting performance.
  • Thanks for the reply. Let's see what Z7 brings. Meanwhile I'll get to see what's happening with my machine.