Trying to edit CSL for a weird local format

Dear Zotero / CSL community,

I'm investigating the CSL format to try to make it work for a very peculiar style of quote and bibliography, which is the standard in Legal Essays in the area of Swiss Law. Honestly, I'm an advocate of "content over form" and this style is very peculiar, probably dated, but unfortunately still in favor in the academic area, hence I've got to work with what I have.

I'm currently assessing which approach is faster :
Option 1 is to invest some time in editing a CSL to make everything work
Option 2 is simply using a standard style that would work for citation and manually fixing the issues in bibliography in a last submission step

The closest style I found was "ZitierGuide: Leitfaden zum fachgerechten Zitieren in rechtswissenschaftlichen Arbeiten (Roger Müller) (Deutsch - Schweiz)", however there are still certain discrepancies with the guidelines.

Here is also an online reference that covers some of the rules that the style must follow.
https://www.ius.uzh.ch/dam/jcr:2e9ac21c-2102-42b9-ae4f-4ead2660bf0d/Eng Guidelines Legal Writing_090823.pdf

I'm trying to assess two main issues, which are as follow :

1. Multiple works by the same author
This looks like a special rule of disambiguate. Here is a quote from the linked PDF.
"
If you cite multiple works by the same author, add an additional term to the citation for the avoidance of doubt. Please include said additional term in the reference in the footnote. Put works by the same author in chronological order.
Example:
• ALEXANDER KERN, Economic Sanctions, Law and Public Policy, London 2009 (referenced as: ALEXANDER, Sanctions)
• ALEXANDER KERN, European Banking Union, A Legal and Institutional Analysis of the Single Supervisory Mechanism and the Single Resolution Mechanism, European Law Review 2015, 154-187 (referenced as: ALEXANDER, European Banking Union)
"

Here I think I'd need to find a way to had a keyword in the Zotero entry (e.g. "Sanctions"). Then the citation style should use this keyword to disambiguate (e.g. "ALEXANDER, Sanctions"). Finally, the bibliography should have an extra element "referenced as:". "referenced as: ALEXANDER, Sanctions)

Is it possible in Zotero / CSL ?

2. Double entries
Some books are so important that you need to cite them multiples times in the bibliography (Commentaries). First the entire books need to be cited with the editors. Then each section prepared by a different author must be also cited independently.

Before going into the details of formatting, is there any mechanism in CSL / Zotero that would allows that ?

Thanks in advance for your guidance,
Xavier
  • Some further findings: it seems that I was not the first to have this issues. The most promising topic is from October 16, 2015, so quite old.

https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/comment/236659#Comment_236659

At the moment, the closest match is a style from 2021 : Juristische Zitierweise Schweizer (Ryser Büschi et al.) (Deutsch - Schweiz)

This solves (partially) the quoted/references as part. However, there are a few others side effects, like a first tab and some other
    Plus this is not available in french / english but only german, so some extra locales will be needed.

The Commentaries is also fixed through the use of entry-encyclopedia.
    As per the comments in the CSL "Legal Commentaries and handbooks should use publication type "entry-encyclopedia"

So...

at the moment, I'm not sure if anything has happened since 2015, but is seems that this is still not fully adaptable